South Side Roots offers a diversity of choices so that people can get what they need regardless of how much time they have available, what kind of food they want, or how much money they are looking to spend.
Grab n’ Go Market:
The Cafe at South Side Roots offers Grab & Go items that are available until 4 pm and make for a quick snack or meal.
South Side Roots Cafe offers an authentic dining experience with fresh, home-cooked cuisine and a warm, inviting atmosphere where eaters are encouraged to interact with the space and with each other. Our menu is seasonal, meaning that we change the offerings depending on what is available from local growers throughout the year. Soups, salads, sandwiches, and flatbreads are all creatively made to be healthy and delicious using quality ingredients.
Menu items are pay-what-you-can so that good, nutritious food is affordable for ALL of our customers. With this concept, there are a couple different ways to “pay” for a meal:
- Pay the full suggested price (or)
- Pay the full suggested price, and then “pay it forward” for your neighbor to enjoy a meal (or)
- If unable to pay the full suggested price, give your time in service as payment
Hours of Operation:
- Monday Breakfast 9 am – 10:30 am, Lunch 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Tuesday Breakfast 9 am – 10:30 am, Lunch 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Wednesday Breakfast 9 am – 10:30 am, Lunch 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Thursday Breakfast 9 am – 10:30 am, Lunch 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Friday Breakfast 9 am – 10:30 am, Lunch 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday – CLOSED
Our space is also open for community use & programming from 8 am – 11 am and 3 pm – 8 pm, though availability may be limited so please contact us if you are would like to plan something specific.
Accepted Forms of Payment:
- Credit/ Debit card
- Service option (see description above)
Yes, you can order from our cafe menu online! Place your order, select a pick-up time, and we’ll see you with the goods.
Once a week we host a free dinner at South Side Roots as another way to bring people together. This evening meal takes place every Tuesday from 5:30 pm – 7:30pm in the Cafe and often includes dishes from restaurants around the city.